Every recent diet fad has demanded deprivation: Cut carbs. Nix fat. Slash calories. Dieters have always had to choose between eating well and losing weight. But no more. After years of breakthrough research, weight loss can finally mean celebration, not deprivation. The Sonoma Diet unites medically proven health studies with five-star flavor in an ingenious new program developed by Dr. Connie Guttersen, R.D., Ph.D. A pioneering weight-loss expert who developed standards of care for the medical treatment of obesity, Dr. Guttersen teaches nutrition at the renowned Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in the heart of California’s magnificent wine country. As one of the world’s leading authorities on the health benefits of Mediterranean cuisine, Dr. Guttersen has seen all the evidence: a diet based on nutrient-rich “power foods” and moderate amounts of wine can reduce heart disease, lower blood pressure, restore healthy cholesterol levels, reverse Type II diabetes, enhance longevity, and diminish the risk of developing certain cancers. But it’s also the key to shedding every single pound of excess weight and staying in great shape for life. Translating these findings into a plan every American can savor, Dr. Guttersen found a perfect match in the creative, sun-drenched cuisine of Sonoma County. The Sonoma Diet is simply the right way to eat right; there has never been a better combination of scientific discovery and tantalizing cuisine:
- No food category is off limits. You’ll be eating bread and cereal from day one!
- You’ll never go hungry again. The Sonoma Diet offers the perfect balance of protein, carbohydrate, and fat to keep you satisfied at every stage of your weight-loss journey.
- Put away that calculator. Dr. Guttersen has designed an easy way to track your portions using an ordinary plate and bowl.
- The genius of smart combos: With Dr. Guttersen’s smart food combinations showcasing 10 nutrient-rich power foods you’ll feel as great as you look.
- A unique three-wave program delivers results in just 10 days, then keeps you lean for life.
- Live longer and love the life you lead. The diet’s principles have consistently been linked to longevity. And those later years may be your best ones yet, thanks to the diet’s overall health benefits and wide range of great food and wine choices.
Testimonials “The Sonoma Diet has helped me return to the basics—eating healthy, making healthy choices, and increasing my physical activity. It isn’t so much a diet as it is a lifestyle.” Eva, age 57, weight loss to date: 64 lbs In the Media The Sonoma Diet was an instant New York Times Best Seller, and has made an appearance on several other well-respected lists as well, including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Publisher’s Weekly and amazon.com. Its impressive print advertising campaign has reached nearly 25 million, with placements in Ladies Home Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, Family Circle, Parents, Child, Midwest Living, Traditional Home and Country Home magazines. Several television spots will begin airing in June in select markets. Additionally, Dr. Guttersen and The Sonoma Diet have been featured on The Early Show, E!, CNN, TODAY, The View and Extra…just to name a few. And has been spotted in the hands of several health-conscious celebrities including Jennifer Anniston, Jessica Alba and Matt Dillon. To top off the buzz, the Diet has been featured in such well-know publications as Ladies Home Journal, Time, Fitness, Woman’s World and First for Women…and has even hit the celebrity zine scene in Celebrity Living and US Weekly. The Sonoma Diet Meredith Books $24.95/$34.95 Canada ISBN: 0-696-22831-9 www.SonomaDiet.com